Gordon Stamler

Class of 2021 senior goodbye

Gordon+Stamler

My time at Archbishop Carroll helped to shape me as the person writing this today. The people who have helped shape me the most have been my teachers. I’ve had fantastic teachers these past four years who truly care for their students, and to them I give my thanks, gratitude, and respect. Teachers who treat their students almost as equals, with lessons presented as fun, or interesting, are truly amazing people who have mastered the art of education. Carroll is full of these great people, and you can find them on every floor and on both the east and west sides, in all departments.

No matter what your strong suit is, whether it’s science, history, math, English, or even the arts, Carroll has an amazing teacher waiting to teach you everything you need to know. Personally, I love the teachers I met within the arts. I wasn’t even in band, and Mr. Larimer took me in sophomore year and gave me lessons on drums and bass, and was fully supportive of my musical passion through to my senior year. Because of that generosity, I’m now able to play drums and bass way better than I could in sophomore year, and I’m very grateful for that.

Not only was the music department great, but also art as well. I began taking art in freshman year, and took it all the way through senior year, and it was the best decision I have ever made in terms of classes. Mrs. Carpenter is one of the greatest teachers anyone will have, and is truly there to teach and support her students through every project and artistic endeavor they go on. With her help, my strength in drawing, painting, and even sculpting improved drastically, and I was able to find a passion for art within me that I didn’t know I had going into high school.

Overall, the teachers you can find at Carroll are wonderful at their jobs, and they truly care for their students and how they perform, especially within the arts. Without them, I wouldn’t be who I am today, and I wouldn’t be able to tell you how important these teachers are to me and to anyone else that wishes to enter the arts.