Lana Pergine

Class of 2021 senior goodbye

Lana+Pergine

Dear Archbishop John Carroll High School,

I would just like to share my appreciation and gratitude for giving me the opportunity to live out the best four years of my life. Becoming an Archbishop John Carroll High School student opened so many new doors for me academically and socially. 

Back when I was in eighth grade, the root of my stress was where I should attend high school. Thirteen-year-old me was torn between Archbishop John Carroll High School and Saint Pope John Paul II High School. With the help from my Carroll alumni parents, we agreed that Carroll would be the most beneficial and best option regarding my future. Because of the work I did at Carroll, I will be furthering my academic career at Penn State University. I will forever be grateful for making that decision because if I had not, I would not be where I am today, with the people I surround myself with.

The people I met at Carroll will forever hold a special place in my heart. These are the people I hope to maintain a strong relationship with throughout the rest of my life. I love them more than words, and I am very appreciative Carroll was able to introduce us. They have taught me many valuable life lessons that I intend to live by every day.

My teammates and coaches also impacted my life tremendously. I played field hockey and lacrosse during my four years at Carroll, and throughout my time here we have won five PCLs total. I will miss running the Gauntlet and Kevin Loops with my field hockey team, and doing ten 300-yard sprints in the scorching heat with the lacrosse girls. I love my friends and teammates immensely, and I wish them the best of luck in their future.

My time here has taught me not to take things for granted, and to strengthen relationships that are influential and beneficial. Thank you again for introducing me to the most amazing friends and influential faculty.