Carly McHugh

Class of 2021 senior goodbye

Carly+McHugh

During my four years at Archbishop Carroll, I have made countless memories and friendships, and I have grown as a person. I went into Carroll only knowing one person and most people would think that is overwhelming and scary, but the moment I stepped foot into the school, I knew this would be my second home.

There are countless people who have helped me grow and shape myself into the person I am today. I am forever grateful to all the faculty and staff and all my friends for being there for me and making my high school experience memorable. 

I would first like to thank my soccer team. Coming into Carroll not knowing many people, I decided to join the soccer team to make new friends. Pre-season was overwhelming and scary considering I never played befor,e but I made so many friends that I will never forget. I have some of the best memories with this team, from team lunches, bus rides and even the hardest practices. Just being with this team made my day so much better and I could never thank them enough for the impact they had on my life.

I would also like to thank the teachers who also played a huge part in my Carroll experience. First would be Mrs. Buchanan. Even though I was never her student, she could always make me laugh and make my day better, even if she was telling me to fix my untucked shirt or white socks. I would also like to thank Mrs. Owens. As many people would agree, virtual learning can be stressful and overwhelming. Mrs. Owens always let me tell her about my stresses and made me feel better. I met Mrs. Owens my senior year but she is one of the best teachers that I have ever had. Also a huge thank you to any teacher that I had during my four years. I would like to thank them for their patience, helping me reach my academic goals, and providing me with the tools and knowledge that I will need in my future. 

Lastly and most importantly, I want to thank all the friends I have made throughout my years at Archbishop Carroll. Without them, my high school experience would not have been the same. I know I can count on them always and I am forever thankful for everything they have done for me. Most of my favorite memories at Carroll are the ones that I made with them. The friendships I have made are ones that will last a lifetime. My friends and classmates are the ones who made my high school experience most enjoyable.

Overall, I am so lucky to have the Carroll community and if I could go back in time, I would not change a thing.