Seniors express excitement for prom

pixy.org

Free image/jpeg, Resolution: 750×752, File size: 220Kb, High School Prom Clip Art N3

Nicholas Volpe, Staff writer

Even though it’s not exactly what the seniors wanted, the Archbishop Carroll senior prom has generated a reaction of overwhelming positivity from seniors.

“Personally I was very happy we got a prom at all, but I thought it was weird they did it on a Monday and the day before baccalaureate,” Kerry Ann Dillon said. ‘I’m still glad I get to see all my classmates though.”

Student council vice president J.T. McNally had nothing but good things to say about the plans for the June 7 event.

“For one, I’m very excited we get a prom and I’m glad we can all go together,” McNally said. “The place where we are having it is very nice and I’m excited that we will all be together again for the first time in a long time.” 

The fact that the seniors will get to have a prom experience at all is what Nicholas Waldmann commented upon. Last year’s seniors did not get a prom because of the threat that the event would lead to the spread of COVID-19.

“It’s nice that they seem like they’re at least trying to make the end of senior year memorable for us,” Waldmann said.

Julia Cavanaugh expressed a lot of excitement for the event.

“I love the plan for prom so far!” Cavanaugh said. “I am just happy we get a prom at all. Yes, not being able to bring outside people is a bummer but I still get to celebrate with all of my friends. It will be a lot of fun and I can’t wait.” 

Senior prom is planned for June 7, which is the night before the baccalaureate Mass. The prom will take place at the Phoenixville Foundry, which, in a normal world, would be able to have more than 1,000 people in it. The senior class has around 150 students, which means the students will be able to be socially distanced. No dates from outside Carroll’s senior class are allowed. Masks must be worn at all times unless eating. 

Carroll plans to provide dinner, a DJ, a photographer, a quiz-style game show, and the crowning of prom king and queen. 

These are plans subject to change because the school must follow COVID restrictions, which could loosen or become stricter as the prom nears.