Liam McMahon

Class of 2021 senior goodbye

Liam+McMahon

I came to Carroll from a small grade school called Ss. Colman John Neumann with only a few friends. On my first day at CarrolI I was pretty nervous because I didn’t know anyone. It seemed like there were a lot of people who were already pretty tight. Since I wasn’t able to attend the Freshman Day One, I thought I wouldn’t be able to make friends as easily. The unexpected surprise was that everyone at Carroll was so welcoming and accepting right from the start, so I was able to make a few friends quickly.

As time went on, I became more and more comfortable with myself and the people around me. Looking back to my first day, at that quiet kid who mostly kept to himself, I feel I’ve come a long way. Although I’m still a quiet kid, Carroll helped me step out of my comfort zone. Carroll is the reason I am more confident in myself than I have ever been.

I believe that by attending Carroll I have changed as a person for the better. The school, with its great teachers and fellow students, has made me a completely different person. I’m now someone who’s more outgoing and confident.

During my time at Carroll, there was one night that I will always remember-my freshman year Patrio-THON. I had so much fun dancing and making new friends. I met one of my best friends there. His name is Gavin, and we have been very close since then.

All of the teachers I have had since freshman year have been so supportive and have motivated me to reach for greatness. My success is their success. I’m proud and grateful for them as I graduate and move on to college to pursue my dreams.