Christina Jackson

Class of 2021 senior goodbye

Christina+Jackson

I can’t believe I’m writing my last goodbye to Carroll and sharing some of my favorite memories I’ve had at Carroll. Carroll has definitely been a roller coaster of emotions over the past four years, and I’m glad I stuck it out when the times were hard. There was definitely moments I hated Carroll and wanted to transfer and be with my best friends and family, but I stuck with Carroll because of the softball team.

The softball team gave me extremely great opportunities and the coach took me under his wing the past four years of my high school career. I finally made friends with people at Carroll and started to enjoy the school life. I got involved in more sports and attended school events and activities. At Archbishop Carroll, I learned how to overcome difficult times because as a community we all have had a rough couple years with deaths and incidents happening right in our own midst.

When I first joined the softball team at Archbishop John Carroll High School as a freshman, I was extremely nervous. There were 25 seniors looking down at me and I had to work so hard to earn my spot and prove I was good enough to play with the older girls. The following year, we said our goodbyes and I became the team captain! We played hard each and every game to become the best softball team in the Philadelphia Catholic League. Then the season ended and it was a good run, but we didn’t have enough to win it just yet. The following year everything was taken from us, just out of nowhere. Our hearts broke because we knew this was the year we would get to hang the first ever softball banner in the Archbishop John Carroll High School east gym! Finally, with Covid settling down and the softball team earning our season back this year, we have worked hard every moment we got. We are now in playoffs and fighting for the PCL title!