Senior goodbye: Sasha Lockett

Sasha Lockett

Dear Younger Sasha,

High school is coming to an end and you will be going to college in the fall like you always planned. The last four years have been filled with many issues but also great moments that you will never forget. All the late nights stressing over your grades and assignments have finally paid off. This year without a doubt has been the hardest year of your life. Nonetheless, you pushed through it and will be moving on to the next chapter.

When you first started high school at Archbishop Carroll, you were nervous and closed off because you did not have any friends and you never went to school with this many people before. However, you did not expect to meet your best friends and create many important bonds. You did lose some friends in high school but that is just how life works. You will continue to outgrow people for the rest of your life and that is perfectly fine. Weeks before high school is ending, you feel that you have outgrown high school and feel eager to leave. You have always been eager to jump to the next step and you feel ready to say goodbye.

You probably did not expect to figure out in high school that you wanted to go to medical school and become an obstetrician in the future. You always wanted to become a lawyer when you were younger after watching Legally Blonde but once you took biology with Mrs. Owens , a great biology teacher, your whole mindset changed. When she did medical case studies in class, you were always eager to find the answer. You realized then that you could see yourself being happy doing that for the rest of your life. 

You have an amazing support system of people that believe in you. Your parents and siblings want you to succeed and you owe them your success. Your mom and dad have always pushed you to your best ability so now it is time to make them proud. Show everyone that the black girl from the hood can grow to do amazing things.