Senior goodbye: Francesca Gearhart

Francesca Gearhart

Dear Dr. Scott, 

As you know, I am graduating from Carroll very soon. I can’t believe that my four amazing years here are sadly coming to an end. I just want to start off by saying thank you so much for everything you have done for me this year. You helped me through so many things and were there to listen to me when no one else was. I have never met a more kindhearted, welcoming, positive, or funny person as you. You are always willing to help everyone. You have never turned me away, no matter how busy you are. Many days I would come to school depressed but then I would stop by your office and you would cheer me up. You especially helped me through the rough time with my Grandpa and knew exactly what to say to not make me sad anymore. 

Carroll is so lucky to have you as its president. Even though you have only been here a year, you have done so many things for the school. You have truly made it a better place for all of us. My freshman and sophomore years were truly the best years of high school for me. Then COVID happened during the second half of my sophomore year. We were all-virtual and then hybrid for my junior year. Since I was all-virtual, I felt detached from my friends and from the community as a whole, until I came back this year for my senior year. I was so scared to come back to school in-person again because I’ve been out of school for so long that I forgot what it was like to be back. 

As soon as I came back to school this year, it finally felt like a community again. So many events and old Carroll traditions were brought back all thanks to you. Because of that, my senior year has been amazing so far. Thank you for everything you have done, not only for me, but for the whole school. I’m honestly not ready to leave this school yet and don’t think I’ll ever be but I guess I have to graduate. I can’t wait to come back to visit you and my former teachers after I graduate.

Sincerely, 

Francesca Gearhart