Senior goodbye: Samuel Gentile

Samuel Gentile

Dear Carroll, 

Thank you for some of the best memories of my life. These last four years went by so fast. I feel like I was a corny little freshmen just yesterday.

My first memory at Carroll was the football games. I remember sitting with all my new friends, watching us win and knowing the next 4 years were going to be great. I’ll never forget the bus rides freshman and sophomore years. They were always hilarious and never failed to make my mood better by the time I got to my stop. The free periods in the college rooms were always the best too. Sophomore year was going be the best until COVID happened; then it was over just like that. I’ll never forget my first high school dance. It was the best time and definitely a core memory. I will definitely never forget my first high school breakup either. LOL 

Senior year was definitely the best year of my high school experience. I loved going to the dances and [other places] with all my friends. I’ll always cherish the memories of goofing off in class and lunch. Kairos was a highlight of my high school experience. I will always remember messing around with all my friends on the trip and getting a new perspective on life and my faith. If I learned anything over my high school years, it’s to be yourself, do everything you can, and just have a good time. I grew so much over these last four years as a person — not literally. I wish, though. I can’t wait to see what path life takes me on next. 

Advice to the underclassmen would to be who you want to be and don’t let anyone make you feel some way about it. Go to every game, party and dance because you will regret not going in the future. Be friends with everybody don’t judge people based on rumors because there are a lot of them in high school and 99% of them aren’t true. Don’t be afraid to try out for a sport you love or even a sport you never played before. Get good grades because high school flies by and the next thing you know it’s time for college and you don’t want to regret not doing well in school because you can’t get those bad grades changed.

Peace out, 

Sammy G