Senior goodbye: Casey McCaffrey

Casey McCaffrey

Dear Archbishop Carroll, 

As I am graduating from high school and starting a new chapter of my life it will be difficult to say goodbye to all the fun memories I experienced throughout high school from all of the assemblies and Masses to school activities. It is hard to choose the best memory. I will miss seeing my friends every day and going to my favorite classes. I look forward to thinking back to the good times. First and foremost I want to thank my parents for supporting my decision to attend Carroll. Their support throughout high school has allowed me to pursue everything I’ve wanted. I also want to thank my parents for all of the sacrifices they have made to send me to such a nice school. 

I not only want to thank my parents for a great high school express but most importantly the teachers and students who have shaped me into the person I am currently. The teachers have made coming to school every day more fun. If I was not placed in the classes that I was I would not have met my amazing friends. Carroll has offered a wide variety of classes and electives that have challenged me and stimulated my curiosity. To any underclassmen reading this, if you have the opportunity to take a class subject you are passionate about or interested in, go for it because it could have a bigger impact on your life than you think. 

My other advice to the underclassmen is, high school is about taking chances and putting yourself out there so don’t be afraid to make new friends, join clubs or attend school events and activities. High school will go by very quickly. One day you are anxiously awaiting the first day of freshman year and the next minute you’re planning your graduation. Some more advice is to try to find a way to balance your schoolwork with your out-of-school life. Most importantly, do not take your time at Carroll for granted. Enjoy every day at school as if it is your last day! 

Casey McCaffrey