Michael Thomson

Class of 2021 senior goodbye

Michael+Thomson

During my time at Carroll, I met a lot of great people and had some fun times.

Let’s start as a freshman. Some things I’ll never forget from that year are sitting in a circle in the back of Miss Crawford’s class, freshman football games with Coach Bill, weird conversations at lunch, and just being a kid. Sophomore year was a blur. Junior year was awesome but at the end we had COVID. This year we were split up and still had COVID.

I really enjoyed a lot of classes at Carroll, and I am especially grateful to some of my teachers, like Mr. Cim, Miss Mac, Mrs. Owens, Father Spez, Mrs. Gimpel, Mr. Cummings, Mr. Zam, Mrs. Mauger, and many more who taught not only school stuff but shared life lessons and experiences that are very valuable. Each one of these people definitely had a positive effect on my life.

The only activity I really did at Carroll was football, which was about 10 months of the year every year. I learned so much from football, not only from teammates and coaches, but from myself. I went from a tallish skinny kid as a freshman to a taller, still kind of thin kid as a senior, and I’m glad I finally could contribute this past year. Football is a great experience that really tests your mental and physical toughness and I recommend it for every young kid who wants to be competitive. 

Things I’ll miss at Carroll are going to sports games and events (except barely this year), playing football, and just messing around and having fun with friends. I can say that it was a great experience.