Charles “Nate” Wallgren

Class of 2021 senior goodbye

One of my favorite memories at Carroll has to be my time in Carroll soccer. From August of freshman year to October of senior year, boys soccer brought me some great memories.

Whether it was on the freshman team, JV sophomore year or varsity my junior and senior year my coaches and fellow teammates taught me life lessons I will use for the rest of my life. My coaches; AJ, Sal, Blaise and Kendall, taught me leadership and perseverance. Through drills and games they displayed these qualities and installed them in me and the rest of the boys.

My teammates taught me how to work as a team and how to have fun playing the sport I love. Coming in freshman year, I was probably one of the worst kids on the team. Although we only had three games on the freshman team, it was a growing and learning experience. But through learning and developing my skills through my four years here at Carroll I can proudly say that I am not the worst.

My favorite memory of Carroll soccer was our game vs. St. Joe’s this year. Although we lost, the team played a great game against one of the best teams in the PCL. We lost three to one. I scored, but that does not matter because we had a good time. Although we ended up losing in the playoffs, our whole season was entertaining. We beat the teams we were supposed to beat and battled hard against the teams we were supposed to lose to.

I would like to thank all my coaches and teammates for the opportunity to play soccer in high school. To all my teammates, it was a great ride fellas, wish we could do it all over again. On three, one, two, three, Carroll.