Anthony Morrone

Class of 2021 senior goodbye

Anthony+Morrone

I first came to Carroll for a baseball camp with the head baseball coach the summer going into freshman year. I was so excited to be exposed to a high school baseball atmosphere and make a name for myself with the coach. The heat was horrific, it felt like being in an oven, but all I can remember was telling myself that I needed to show what I could do. Even though it was a very rough week, it was a good time, I played well, and the coach liked me. 

The second time I was at Carroll was for freshman orientation. I was petrified that day. I was so afraid to meet new people and make new friends. I did not have many friends going into freshman year because all of my buddies from grade school went to different schools. I ended up meeting an old friend who I had not seen in a few years. I saw Dominic Montanez as soon as I walked in during freshman orientation. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders because I had someone to talk to again, and we did not skip a beat, picking up right where we left off and we are now practically family. Being taken out of your comfort zone is never fun, but I had to and that day was the start of many strong friendships I still have to this day. 

Freshman year was a very scary time for me, because I never was good at making new friends and talking to new people. All of my buddies from grade school went to different high schools, and not many went to Carroll, so in the beginning of the school year I was regretting my choice. But as time went on I was getting out of my comfort zone, and I started to make new friends, and then I was finally sure that I made the right choice by going to Carroll. Four years later as a senior with two weeks left, I have made some of the closest friends I could ever have and looking back on it, I can confidently say that I made the right decision.