Senior goodbye: Julia Hunt

Julia Hunt

Dear freshmen, 

My time has finally come to graduate as a senior at Archbishop Carroll. After spending four years here I never thought that graduation would be so close. At freshman orientation I vividly remember someone telling the class that these four years would fly by in a blink of an eye but I never believed them. Looking back on my years here now I don’t know how I am already at the end.

My favorite times at Carroll would be all the little things: the assemblies, speakers, Mr. Patriot, Christmas movies, and homecoming are some of the exciting things that make Carroll so wonderful. My challenge for any underclassmen would be to learn the alma mater that is sung at the end of mass. During my freshman and sophomore year this was a big thing we did that brought us all together and was actually enjoyable. 

Alma Mater

High on the hilltop (clap, clap), over the glen, dear to our hearts, Archbishop Carroll forever. Hold high the candle,(clap, clap) brighten the way. We shall be loyal, red and white and pray. God leads us onward through each bright new day. Joy in our learning (clap, clap), peace in our minds, Love in our hearts, Archbishop Carroll forever. Glory and honor (clap, clap), freedom and truth. We shall be loyal, red and white, and pray, God leads us onward through each bright new day.

Next year I will be continuing my academic career at West Chester University and studying elementary education. I also will hopefully continue my athletic career after I try out for WCU Cheerleading. I am very excited for this next chapter in my life but it will still be hard to let go of the past four years spent here. The main advice that I would give to any underclassmen would be to cherish every moment, good and bad, and use every opportunity to learn and grow from the problems you face.

Best wishes, Jules Hunt