Senior goodbye: Wesley Sweitzer

Wesley Sweitzer

Dear Carroll,

Thank you for welcoming me into the community with open arms. When I transferred a year and a half ago I never thought a school could have such a big impact on my life. I have met some of my best friends in the last year at Carroll, and I will forever be grateful for that. You guys have changed my life, made me a better person, and have brought me closer to God.

As most of you know, I am a student athlete, playing both hockey and lacrosse. When I started playing Carroll hockey back in my sophomore year, before I even transferred, we didn’t have the best season, but I made a promise that I would stay with the team. Two years later, we are in the championship game, only losing 2 games that season and breaking many records. To cap off the season with a championship would have been picture perfect, and I’ll admit it, I still get on myself about the loss, but when I came into school the next day, not one person said anything bad about me. Instead, they brought me up and made me look at the positives, and that really helped me get through that time. As for lacrosse, my sophomore year I was thinking about quitting, but Carroll made me love the sport again. Although we might not have that much success, we go out there and have fun, and we enjoy the game, and at the end of the day, it’s about having a good time doing something you love.

To the friends I have at the school, and the ones I don’t yet know, thank you for making these last 18 months the best high school years of my life. Being a part of this community is special, and I’m so glad I got to be a part of it. Carroll has taught me so many life lessons that I will use next year in Charlotte. I wouldn’t change a thing about my time at Carroll, although I wish I did transfer sooner. Thank you Carroll.

Sincerely,

Wesley Sweitzer