Senior goodbye: Aaron Flomo

Aaron Flomo

Dear Carroll football family,

I just want to say it was truly a blessing to get to play with you all for the past three years.  Since sophomore year I have had the opportunity to suit up with my brothers for every game.  We all stuck together through the up and down, including making it to the state playoffs my junior year. Even though practice might get heated sometimes, we still managed to put the beef aside and be cool again for the sake of the football team.

I am not going to lie to you that our senior season didn’t go as we planned. After making the playoffs our junior year, we had thought we were going to win the PCL, but it didn’t happen at all. In fact, it went completely wrong and we ended up going 0-10, which really left a sour taste in my mouth. You will think during the 0-10 season we will be pointing fingers and blaming each other, but now we stuck together, picked each other up and went to battle every single game.

Since the first day I showed up at practice and coach Bill introduced me to the team I felt welcomed. Coming to Carroll I never thought I would find a new brotherhood to be part of. I also want to thank our coaches who took their time coaching us even though they have their own lives to live, especially coach Bill for what he does for the football team. I don’t think you guys know how much he does for us, from being the head offensive coordinator, to being in charge of ordering our equipment. 

I also want to thank coach Det for always pushing us and coaching us not just in football but in life. I think the most terrible practice was my junior year when we had a lot of players falling class, and we had to run 20 yards for the number of classes that the freshmen failed, then 40 yards for the sophomores, 60 for the juniors and 100 for the seniors. After we finished running, he said, and I quote, “You are never going to play football your whole life. It will end sooner or later, but education will last for the rest of your life. That’s why you’re called a student athlete and not an athlete student because being a student comes first.” And after that no one ever failed a class again. 

Man, time really flies by. It seems like yesterday I had my first practice with the team. Man, this really hurts, saying goodbye to this school to my family. 

I guess I will just end it by saying thank you for accepting a kid from Detroit, Michigan. into your family. 

Sincerely,

Aaron Flomo.