Senior goodbye: Victor Taylor

Victor Taylor

Dear Archbishop Carroll family,

First, I would like to thank you for the lessons I have learned, the friendships I’ve made, and the mentorship by administrators. The past four years have been a wild ride to say the least. There were definitely ups and downs but I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

To the incoming senior class any advice I would offer is to remember why you are here and recognize the efforts of your family and the school staff to give you a great education. Freshman and sophomore years were easily the best times I had at Carroll partially because it was pre-COVID. Once COVID hit, things got a bit rough but I found a way to push through and the only way I was able to do so was because of the love and encouragement I received from the people in this building. I know from the perspective of a student you look forward to senior year because you can’t wait for school to be over with. My final piece of advice would be to cherish the memories you make because before you know it you’re walking across the stage and you don’t get that time back.

My favorite memories from my time at Carroll shockingly revolve around football. Freshman year homecoming will always be my favorite for many reasons. That Friday night game against St. Neumann & Goretti came down to the final play. We scored a touchdown with the clock winding down and the whole stadium went crazy. The feeling of such a great win took us into the homecoming dance where I had an amazing time. The best part was that my birthday was on Sunday so I got to celebrate it with my friends right after the dance. Overall it was a great experience, something that I reminisce about from time to time. 

Lastly, I want to thank my family especially my parents for pushing me as hard as they did throughout the years. Because of them I am the man that I am today and will continue to grow through their guidance and love.

Love,

Victor Taylor