Senior goodbye: Sarah Durham

Sarah Durham

Dear Archbishop Carroll,

It’s is crazy that my high school journey is finally over. I still remember being in middle school and thinking that it would be so scary going to high school. Everything was new and I would have to make new friends in a completely new environment. I was at my primary school for all my life and I never knew anything different. It was a big step for me and now I have to take an even bigger step to college. 

When I first came to Carroll, I was a little freshman and it wasn’t the easiest year of my life. However, it just got easier for me. I was able to be better in everything I did because I adapted and learned from my mistakes. Then quarantine came and it was probably one of the best times I’ve had. I really got to focus on myself and my family. I studied really hard and figured out my major. Lastly, I was able to take APs and be in special classes like Faith in Action and Spanish. 

Finally, I was able to end my high school career with my amazing teachers and friends. It’s really bittersweet because there are so many things I wish I could do over. However, high school has taught me to have no regrets and to live in the moment. It has also reminded that things will get better if you just give it time (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Most of all that God will always be with you through every good and bad moments. 

Even though high school was one of the strangest times of my life, I am a better person because of it. I am glad that everything happened the way it did because I wouldn’t be where I am today. With that being said, I just want to say thank you, Archbishop Carroll, for giving me the most life-changing 4 years that I have ever had. I will never forget the memories, life lessons and, experiences I’ve had in high school. 

Sincerely,

Sarah Durham