Senior goodbye: Britney Pham

Britney Pham

Dear Carroll community,

My four years at Carroll have passed faster than I could imagine. I can still remember the first time I was here as a freshman. Standing in homeroom, I knew no onw and I did not know how to approach others. In no time I have met so many new people and it came very naturally. With so many great students here, you will never be alone. I learned so much from my classmates and have been through a lot of obstacles. I look back and laugh at when P.E. class and AP World History were my biggest worries. I recall when my bus driver would be late to school almost every week, when the upperclassmen booed us at the pep rally when we were freshman, and when Kevin Vu asked out 29 girls to prom. My friends at Carroll helped me get through all my struggles and have made my time here exhilarating. I have made lifelong friends here and I have realized that Carroll is not just an acquaintance, but a family. 

There are so many great teachers here at Carroll. I have gotten very close to some of the teachers. I have learned that the teachers are here for all of the students. I have a lot of respect for the teachers because they have to put up with us every day. I will always remember Mrs. Gimpel trying to keep herself together after my classmates scream during a class game, and when Mr. Kirsch would all give us unique nicknames that I would never think of. The teachers are like superheroes that never get tired of the constant trouble caused by the villains, the students. I want to thank all of my teachers throughout my Carroll experience who made me laugh through all these years and helped shape me to be the person I am today. 

My parents have played a major role in my catholic education. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to attend this prestigious school. I remember when my mom said to me, “I can’t believe you’re already in high school.” Little did she know, I would soon be going to college. My dad has always supported me during my time here at Carroll.  He would pick me up after school every time I had a meeting or activity. Carroll has helped me grow as a person. It has allowed me to become a great example to my brother and sister. I want to thank my family for being there from the beginning and supporting me through my journey. Carroll is a very unique school and there is no other school like it.

Love,

Britney Pham