Senior goodbye: Awtum Mintze

Awtum Mintze

Dear Carroll family,

I can’t believe that I am writing this letter to you so soon. It is true what they say about time flying so fast. Throughout my four years of high school, I can say that I am beyond satisfied with my experience here. I had the honor of having great teachers as well as making friends that will stay with me my entire lifetime. While I am writing this letter it is safe to say that reality is setting in for me. In a few days, I can say that I am a 2022 graduate of Archbishop John Carroll High School. I’ll be on my way to start the pursuit of my long endeavor, which is to become a veterinarian.

If I had the chance to speak to my freshman self, I would tell her to be open-minded as well as to cherish every moment she has with her friends and family. With the pandemic catching everyone by surprise, many students lost the chance to experience certain things that are a part of the high school experience. I am grateful that I had the chance to go to my last homecoming game, homecoming dance, PatrioTHON, and prom. As I take these last steps as a high school student, I will just want to thank everyone who had an impact on my life. To every single one of my teachers, I appreciate you for all the hard work you put in. 

Now as I speak to my counterparts: I truly wish you all the best. Yes, I have had many ups and downs with you all but in the end, we all played a role in each other’s life, whether it be small or big. As we walk around these halls for the last time, remember that we are closing a chapter to start a new beginning. Regardless of your next stop, be sure to make a difference and leave your mark. Farewell class of 2022. <3

Much love,

Awtum Mintze