Senior goodbye: Christina Mellon

Christina Mellon

Dear Archbishop John Carroll High School,

Time flies by so fast, doesn’t it? I can remember all the way back to the first time I toured the school. I remember it looking different compared to what it does now and how excited I was to have a fresh start and meet new people. I remember how welcoming everyone was and how everyone considered Carroll their home. From that point on, I knew that I wanted to be a part of it. Sitting here writing this now, I  never thought it would be time to say goodbye so soon. It feels like just yesterday I was back in freshman year, meeting everyone for the first time.

I want to thank you for all you have done for me in the past four years. You have shaped me into the person I am today and for that, I am so grateful. I will never forget the people I met at Carroll. Some of them have even become my life long friends. We will never forget the memories we have together at Carroll. Another thing I want to thank Carroll for is helping me academically. Ever since I started going to Carroll, my grades have changed significantly. This has allowed me to get into the colleges I applied to. It also allowed me to find my interests and made it easier for me to decide what I want to major in.

Carroll has given me some of the best memories, most of which I can’t speak of. A few of the things I will remember when reminded of Carroll are all the late night football games, homecoming dances and even the drives to and from school with my friends.  I would like to thank my parents for providing me with a good education, my friends for all the memories and good times, and my teachers for helping me find what subjects I like and dislike. With all that being said, I want to thank Archbishop John Carroll High School for giving me a good high school experience. I will never forget the memories.