Eighth graders are signing up to be Patriots

Julia Craskey, Staff writer

Archbishop Carroll has begun the process of accepting students for the Class of 2027.

Mrs. Michelle Wall, the director of admissions, has been working  to make sure that those who are interested in attending Carroll have all the information they need, as well as answering any questions they may have. As of right now, 30 eighth graders have already chosen to become  Carroll Patriots, and are registered to start as ninth graders in September, according to Mrs. Wall. 

“So far we are on track with last year’s numbers,” said Mrs. Wall, “Our goal every year is to bring in 175 ninth graders.”

Many students have expressed interest in Carroll. Carroll’s president, Dr. Patricia Scott, praised Carroll’s strong culture and the many diverse activities it provides for its students.

“I truly believe Carroll is the place to be because you can find your place here- whether you are searching for a strong academic program, competitive sports, active theater program, or faith-driven, community service programs- all of this can be found at Carroll,” said Dr. Scott, “We care about students here.  Our doors are open and we encourage students to walk in anytime they need.  I love how students welcome new students here and embrace everyone.”

Mr. William Gennaro, principal of Carroll, said he hopes that the Class of 2027 will be the largest class Carroll has seen in a while. 

“I would like to see a group of students (hopefully our largest class!) that will continue to help grow our community in positive ways,” said Mr. Gennaro.

Dr. Scott also expressed her excitement for the Class of 2027, and is eager to see all they will be able to accomplish during their four years at Carroll. 

“I am most excited for the Class of 2027 to be the largest class in a long time. I look forward to them walking into Carroll and feeling the kindness, support, and excitement,” added Dr. Scott, “I believe the Class of 2027 whose unique talents can build the school community to be even stronger.”