School schedule on a two-hour delay Monday, Feb. 13

February 9, 2023
Good Afternoon, Students, Parents, and Guardians,
Over the past week, we have been monitoring the decisions of our surrounding school districts in regards to their start times for school on Monday, February 13th. If a school district decides to go on a two-hour delay, then their buses will also run on that same delay.
As of now, a number of our districts have elected to start Monday, February 13th on a two-hour delay, so to prevent as much disruption to learning as possible, Archbishop Carroll will also go on a two-hour delay on Monday, February 13th. This means:
  • Homeroom will begin at 9:45AM. Students will attend all 8 periods throughout the day on a shortened class schedule.
  • Sague buses will all run on a delay. Pick-up times will be two hours later than usual.
  • As stated above, school districts control the bus schedules; so, if your child’s district is not on a delay, then their bus is not on a delay either. Should you have any questions, please contact your local school district’s transportation office. We are not able to provide transportation information for individual districts.
  • The school building will be open to receive and supervise any children that need to arrive on a district bus. However, we ask that as much as possible, all other students not riding buses not be dropped off before 8AM.
Even with the delay, Monday is still considered a full day of school. Students who do are not present will not be permitted to participate in any sport or activity that day.
Many of us are hopeful that we will have something to celebrate around 9:30PM on Sunday night. Please remember, as stated in the Parent-Student Handbook, that we expect our students to carry themselves as representatives of Archbishop Carroll both inside and outside of school at all times.
Should we have something to celebrate later in the week next week, we will address any further schedule changes on Monday. Thank you…and Go Birds!