Erica Leinhauser joins the social studies department

Grace O’Grady

Miss Erica Leinhauser, the new United States government and psychology teacher, arrived at Archbishop Carroll this year to continue her teaching career.

Miss Leinhauser’s favorite part about teaching actually is learning.

“I like learning new things,” she said. “As much as I’m teaching you guys, you guys are teaching me.”

Miss Leinhauser’s least favorite part of teaching is the large workload.

“It’s a lot of work,” she said. “I take a lot of work home.”

Miss Leinhauser knew she wanted to become a teacher from a young age.

“When I was in 10th grade I had a European history teacher and I sat there thinking to myself, I can do this better,” she said, “and that’s why I became a teacher.”

Miss Leinhauser studied at Montgomery County Community College for two years and then at Cabrini University for her last two years. She first started teaching as a student teacher in Perkiomen Valley High School for half a year. She then was a substitute teacher at North Penn for half a year. She taught at JPJ for a year and finally came to Carroll because she wanted to try something new.

At Carroll, Miss Leinhauser teaches five periods of US. government and psychology with a mix of sophomores, juniors and seniors.

Miss Leinhauser is liked by her students.

“She always makes sure everyone understands everything,” said sophomore Mencia Redruello.

Her students also gave positive feedback on homework.

“She is nice and I like how she does not assign homework that often but when she does, she gives us all week to do it,” said sophomore Bridget Grant.

Miss Leinhauser is enjoying her time here at Carroll and plans to stay for a while.

“As long as they like me and you guys like me,” she said, “I plan on staying here a little bit.”