The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

Senior Assassin tag game begins Oct. 27

Senior Assassin will start on October 27. 

Senior Assassin is a sort of game of tag open to Archbishop Carroll seniors, in which each player must use water guns, Silly String, or a bottle of water to tag and eliminate their opponents. Each player must have video proof of spraying the opposing player with water or Silly String. However, opposing players can defend themselves against being sprayed, by spraying their opponent before their opponents sprays them.

Each senior has two weeks to commit an “assassination” on their randomly-assigned opponent, or they will be eliminated. No “assassinations” may be committed on Carroll property, with the exception of 15 minutes after a sports games is over. 

If a senior breaks a rule, sprays the wrong person, or lies about an assassination, they will be given a bounty. This  means that anyone who is still playing will be allowed to “assassinate” them for the next 24 hours. 

Each student buys into the game and the last one standing will collect a reward of more than $300.

Stephen Thomson has been waiting since his brother went to Carroll to play in this game. 

“To be honest I’ve been excited for a while now,” Thomson said. “Ever since I helped my brother in his attempts during my freshman year, I’ve been looking forward to this.”

James Klusarits has been waiting years for this to happen, too.

“I’ve been waiting for senior assassin ever since I was a freshman,” Klusarits said. “Now I finally get the chance to show off my John Wick instincts.”

Jake Johnson put Senior Assassin up there with prom and graduation. 

“Senior Assassin is awesome,” Johnson said. “It is one of the best parts of senior year, and I’ve been looking forward to it ever since I came to Carroll.”