Parents association, student council, homerooms deck the halls at Carroll

Grace O’Grady
Archbishop Carroll’s parents association brought Christmas cheer to the third floor West hallway and throughout the campus.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Archbishop Carroll.

Carroll’s parents association started decking the halls after Thanksgiving Day with the help of the student council. The effort to place lights, trees and other decorations aims to fill the school with the Christmas spirit.

Students look forward to seeing the finished product.

“I can’t wait for all the decorations to go up,” said Owen Gallagher. “I love the holiday season.”

The students love seeing the decorated hallways.

“Going through the hallways, the lights put a smile on my face,” said Alexandria O’Connor, a freshman.

In addition to the parents’ hallway decorating effort, the homeroom door decorating contest is underway — the first one in two years. Homerooms will decorate their doors according to assigned themes. The first floor will be decorated in a Winter Wonderland theme. The second floor has a Whoville and Grinch theme, based on the Dr. Seuss classic book, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” The third floor has a Gingerbread Land theme. The fourth floor will be decorated in in a Candy Land theme.

Students must bring in decorations for their homeroom’s door and decorate it. Classrooms that don’t have a homeroom are also encouraged to decorate. The doors will then all be judged for the best decorated and there will be a winner. The winner, who will be decided on Thursday, Dec. 7, will get a donut and hot chocolate breakfast.

Students are excited for the contest.

“I’m excited to see how the homerooms decorate their doors,” said sophomore Mencia Redruello.