Carroll’s singers and musicians to perform their Christmas concert twice this week

An evening concert open to all will be Wednesday. A concert for students will be Thursday morning.
ac_theplacetobe, Instagram
Archbishop Carroll’s choir lifts its voices.

Archbishop Carroll’s music department will host its annual Christmas concert twice before the Christmas break. 

A two-hour-long evening concert will be 6 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium. The music department also will perform Thursday morning for the school community before the Christmas break begins at 11 a.m.

More than 40 students are involved in the music program through the concert band, jazz band, sax quarter, chorus, mixed select choir and string ensemble. The concert includes performances from all.

The musicians participating include freshmen Brian Garwood, Giovanni Pavese and Veer Singh; sophomores Erin Goodridge and Francis Pham; juniors Adelina D’Achille, Kadin Kingston, Mei Rader, Tyler Sion, An Vu, Rameer Woods and Joseph Zanoni; and seniors Gabriella Breault, Aidan Chau, William Englert, Sean Goodridge, Dominic Pellegrino, Rose Procaccini, Alex Rosen and Ceceilia Weller. 

The choir members participating in the concert are freshmen Heaven Bowens, Makayla Dinich, John Doherty, Marie Watson, Will Wood, Annabel Zarychta and Kimmy Zhu; sophomores Sofia Biddle, Katherine Buentello, Kadè Cheatham, Christina Cortese, Abigail Falicki, Leah Fallouh, Kimarie McCaskill, Emilia Menna, and Macie Schundler; juniors Immacolata Capone, Angela Daniels, Simon Lordt, and Daniel Peterkin; and seniors Sofia Cunicelli, Emma Lamlin and Moira Larkin.  

“I really enjoy performing,” said Vu, a flute and clarinet player. “It not only helps me get better at the instruments I’m learning, but it also allows me to bring my talents to my community.” 

The concert will include songs such as “Hark! The Angels Sing,”“Feliz Navidad,” “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and more than a dozen more. 

Miss Suzanne Carpenter, the choir teacher, and Mr. Jeffrey Darrohn, the band director, prepared the event. They prepare for the concert starting in the first month of school. 

“I try to pick songs that are Christ-centered and adequately challenge the choir musically,” said Miss Carpenter. “We have many musical rehearsals before the show goes on.” 

The music department’s upcoming performances include the All Catholic Choirs performing at Egan High School on Feb. 3 and the All Catholic Band performing at Archbishop Wood on Feb. 17. 

“I have been involved in the music department for my four years at Carroll,” said Cunicelli, a choir member. “I love getting to express myself alongside such like-minded and talented people. I also enjoy spreading joy for the holidays around this time every year.”