End-of-quarter craziness descends upon Carroll

Grace Brogan
Students busy themselves with school work as the second quarter comes to a close.

As Archbishop Carroll’s second quarter comes to a close, students are doing current assignments, turning in late work, and making up tests and quizzes, while teachers are grading tests, quizzes, essays, and homework, making sure all grades are up to date. 

In an email to students sent out on Friday’s snow day, Principal William Gennaro urged students to make use of the out-of-school day to catch up on work they may have missed during the second marking period.

“[S]tudents, please keep in mind that while any new assignments for [the flexible instruction day] may be minimal, we are entering the last week of the second quarter, and there are deadlines for work and tests coming next week, so please be prepared,” Gennaro said. 

Gennaro reminded students to stay on top of their emails and to check in with their teachers about their work. 

None of that affects senior William Englert, who said he stays organized so he is not rushing to get late work into teachers at the end of the quarter.

“I make sure to stay on top of my assignment right as the quarter begins,” Englert said. “That way I don’t have to worry about falling behind by the end of the quarter.” 

On the other hand, senior Harper Henry seems to be experiencing some end-of-quarter stress.

“With all the days we had off, it was hard to know which announcements were sent out on Schoology and through my email,” she said.