Senior goodbye: Molly Kelly

LifeTouch

Dear Archbishop Carroll, 

I want to start my letter by talking about one of the things I enjoyed most about Carroll: Carroll’s volleyball. I know it seems dumb that one of my favorite things about high school is a sport, but I mean it. Though there were the hard times — believe me, many many hard times — the one thing that stayed constant was my excitement to get back in the gym every summer. I played club volleyball for many years, on many teams, and have met many different people. The relationships and overall vibes from high school volleyball are just different, specifically this year, my senior year. We had eight seniors this year, all of us being close friends before the season started but we honestly had no idea how much closer we would get just from this one season. We had such a great season with many accomplishments, all because of how close our team was. This year was probably some of the best volleyball Carroll has seen in a while. I’m forever grateful for Carroll volleyball. 

The next thing I want to talk about is friends. Over the years, friendships have come and they’ve gone and come back again. Though some certain fights or moments felt like they were so important, they weren’t. Each friend you have and each person you meet is going to be a lesson. We don’t know how the lesson will turn out. It could be good or bad. That’s all a part of life, though. I believe that every friendship I’ve had here at Carroll has taught me a lesson and has shaped me into the person I am today. 

The last thing I’m going to talk about is my Mom. I know she doesn’t have anything to do with Carroll directly, but she is a huge part of how I’m writing this letter today. Through every stage of high school and through every issue I’ve ever had, she has been my shoulder to lean on. She’s my biggest supporter and my best friend. Although I’ve had my times where I was, and still am, a bratty teenager, and we got into our arguments, at the end of the day, it was always her. I know nobody else has me as my mom does. That is one of the major things high school has taught me. 

Molly Kelly