Senior goodbye: Anthony Auteria

LifeTouch

Dear Archbishop John Carroll High School, 

I want to start off by saying thank you. When I first started my high school career at Harriton, I had trouble fitting in with friends and in the school environment. I was going through a very difficult time in my life and I knew there needed to be a change. This change began when I first stepped onto the campus here at Carroll and toured the school. All of the students, now some of my closest friends, were all so welcoming and kind to me that day. They included me in their conversations, introduced me to teachers, showed me around the school, and even gave me their contact information to keep in touch. After that very day, I knew this would be the right environment for me to flourish and succeed.. Finally, the big decision was made in the middle of Sophomore year and I transferred here.. 

At the very beginning of my journey here at Carroll, although I had met some teachers and students previously, I was extremely nervous. Walking into school that first morning, I was anxious and a little worried. My mind was stuck on the fact, would I blend in with the flow of things. I was overthinking certain situations and I was scared that I would not make a good first impression for myself. However, there was no need to stress at all. Just a week later, I was walking around the hallways with my head held high and a smile on my face, saying hello to my new friends, teachers, and faculty members. I had then joined the baseball team, joined the CSC club, and joined the National Honor Society. Throughout the rest of sophomore year and my junior year, I continued to strive, participate, and grow in my relationships with others. I had finally felt happy and appreciated, as I had made a name for myself. 

As I went through my senior year, I felt my relationships with my friends and teachers grow even stronger. I had made new bonds with people I have never talked to, I had stepped out of my comfort zone, and I discovered a new version of myself. Archbishop John Carroll High School accepted me with open arms and gave me the opportunity to thrive into the man I am today. I have made countless memories and friendships that I will look back on later in life, and smile. Thank you Archbishop Carroll for everything. 

Sincerely,

Anthony Auteri