Senior goodbye: Brooke Hippert

LifeTouch

Dear Archbishop Carroll, 

Throughout the past four years, I encountered many interesting people who challenged me to view things for what they are and not to justify wrongdoings, but to instead speak against them. I am fortunate to form beautiful friendships and to have been surrounded by people who inspire me. To the juniors, be prepared to have one of the most bittersweet years of your life. Be ready to learn and accept who you are despite all those who try to change you. Coming into high school, everyone says how much time flies, but you don’t realize how fast it goes by until it’s over. These past few years have also made me realize how much growth happens in such a short amount of time. 

One of my favorite memories from being at Carroll is being a part of the lacrosse team. Carroll lacrosse has changed my life since I stepped on the field freshman year. I never thought I would win four Catholic league championships and three state championships. Coming into Carroll, I could only dream of playing Division One lacrosse, and now that dream has come true. Being a part of the Carroll lacrosse team will forever impact my life, and I have made friendships that will last a lifetime. 

To all the underclassmen, cherish your time here. Make the most of every opportunity, challenge yourself, and don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. High school is a time for growth, self-discovery, and building lifelong friendships. Thank you, Archbishop Carroll, for providing a nurturing environment where I could learn, grow, and thrive. Thank you for the memories, the lessons, and the friendships that will last a lifetime. As my last days here are approaching, it’s bittersweet to say goodbye, but I am filled with gratitude for the experiences and opportunities Carroll has given me. 

Brooke Hippert