Senior goodbye: Abigail Hylinski

LifeTouch

Dear Archbishop Carroll

I can’t believe that I’m writing this letter. It honestly feels a little bitter sweet to be writing this. Although I am happy to be starting a new chapter in my life, I am sad to say goodbye. It’s crazy to me that I am graduating. I feel like it was just last year that I was a freshman myself. When people say high school will be the best four years of your life they are telling the truth. Carroll has honestly been a safe place for me. The staff is amazing and so down to earth. You are able to laugh and just talk to them without being judged. I have created many bonds with my teachers. I will seriously miss them when I go off to college. I was terrified to go into high school after having to be on lockdown because of the pandemic. Though once I got here and just talked to people I felt so welcomed. 

Carroll has given me many opportunities in my high school experience. It has allowed me to grow as a person. In a way Carroll has given me my forever friends. Leading up to high school I had seen so many shows or movies of what high school was like. That scared me because everything I had seen was there were bullies and cliques. Though once I got here I found out that it was nothing like that at all. It was honestly the most safe and welcoming place. I have so many great memories here at Carroll. A big one was when I went to Patriothon during my sophomore year. I don’t think I have ever had so much fun. I’m sad that I have to say goodbye.

While I am ready to embark on this new chapter in my life I am sad to leave Carroll. Carroll has been my second home for the last four years. Now I have to say goodbye to that home. I have to say goodbye to the teachers who have taught me how to be an adult. They have had  one of the biggest impacts on my life. I will always be grateful for them. They have seen me at my highest and at my worst. All I have left to say is thank you Carroll for helping me be me.

Sincerely,

Abigail Hylinski