The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

Senior goodbye: Emma Lamlin

LifeTouch

Dear Archbishop Carroll, Rising Seniors, and Friends,

Firstly, I want to thank everyone at Archbishop Carroll for the last four years of my life. The staff and students at Carroll have made these past few years some of the best. I will say it was hard at times, and I did not think I would ever get to where I am right now. Those hard moments felt very big, but now looking back, I do not think I could tell you one thing I would change about my experience. Everyone has a different outlook on their time in school, but I feel as though by the end of the senior year everyone realizes what is next to come. Everyone is moving on to their next chapter in life, and their time at Carroll has now become limited. The realization is that not only is everyone’s time at Carroll limited, but also time with the people you have spent your experiences with. 

Secondly, for the rising seniors, do not believe what everyone says about senior year. Yes, senior year is fun, but academics still count. When I was starting my senior year, I did not think I was going to get a lot of school work, but I got the most work in my senior year. Now, senior year was fun and your grade has a lot of opportunities to come closer together, but it only works if you go out, do new things, and talk to new people.  Most of all, I want to tell you guys to enjoy senior year to the best ability you can. 

Lastly, thank you to all my friends. Over my four years here at Carroll, I have had the pleasure to have met so many different people. In addition to meeting new people, I was able to continue existing friendships and now they are some of the closest people in my life. I am so thankful to have had them all be a part of my life at Carroll. All of my friends have helped me get to where I am today, and I can’t wait to see what amazing things they do and accomplish. 

Sincerely, 

Emma Lamlin