Senior goodbye: Che McMullen

LifeTouch

Dear Teachers,

As the school year comes closer and closer to the end, I sit with myself and reflect on the important lessons and experiences you have instilled in me. Your dedication to the success of your students is greatly appreciated. The knowledge and wisdom you have shared with me has gone beyond the textbooks and curriculum, preparing me for the real world. For this, I am very grateful. Your unending support and encouragement have added to the foundation of my continuing academic journey. Every day in your classroom was an opportunity to grow as a student. You’ve taught me to have the courage to ask questions and reach out for help when needed. 

You’ve also taught me how to have an open mind when it comes to learning new things. This skill is important and I can use it in the next step of my life. Not only do I carry the academic lessons you’ve taught me, but I also carry some life lessons as well. I am particularly grateful for the personal sacrifices you have made to ensure every student’s success. This includes in and out of school, and taking time out of your weekends to grade papers that were turned in last minute.  I remember back in my freshman year how hard school was for me, especially because of COVID-19. Stress management and learning how to maneuver between technological problems and others was a great learning experience too. 

Please accept this letter as a small bit of my appreciation for you all. Thanks to you, I leave high school with a sense of readiness and confidence. Your guidance has been and will continue to be the stepping stone to my academic success in my college years. I appreciate the patience and dedication you’ve put towards making sure that I get the extra help I’ve always needed as well. Being a student who sometimes struggles, I was always able to get in contact with my teacher. You have also taught me how to go above mediocrity and strive to reach greater heights. So as my graduation comes closer and closer, I would like to say thank you for making it possible. 

Sincerely, 

Che McMullen