Senior goodbye: Jesse Ventre

LifeTouch

Dear Mom, Dad, and Archbishop Carroll,  

Thank you for letting me come to Archbishop Carroll High School. I have made some lifelong friends through sports and school in general. Throughout my four years here, I am forever grateful that I have made some of the best memories with my friends. Throughout these couple paragraphs, I will explain the highs and lows of my Archbishop Carroll career. 

Freshman year was not your typical first year of high school. We had online school one day, then in-person school another. The football season was cut short due to COVID-19. It was hard to adapt to a new school when I was only in school two or three times a week. Another issue was that it was hard to make friends when only half my grade was in school at a time. Sophomore year was a year for the books. I made some of my closest friends that year through school and football. Even though we went 0-10 in the football season, sophomore year was when I realized how great of a place Carroll is. I made Second Team All-Catholic that year even though we didn’t even win a game. I also got closer to a lot of upperclassmen who showed me the ropes of the school and what to expect for the rest of my high school days. 

Junior and senior years have definitely been the best years of my high school career. Junior year we went 0-10 during the football season again. I also broke my leg. That was a really hard time for me watching some of my brothers fight in battle without me, but I got through it. Finally, my best and most fun year at Archbishop Carroll has been my senior year. Through Kairos, sports, and just being in school, I’ve grown so much closer with most of my grade. This has made school so much more enjoyable. I always tell my parents I can’t miss school, even when I’m sick, because I just love being here so much. I am going to miss Archbishop Carroll and I can’t thank my parents enough for letting me come to such an amazing school. 

Sincerely, 

Jesse Ventre