Senior goodbye: Michael Zazula

LifeTouch

Dear Mr. Fryberger,

I’ll always remember starting my freshman year in 2020, especially during the pandemic. You were one of the few teachers that welcomed every student with open arms. As the year went on I received some very scary news from my doctor’s appointment and I would have to have a major brain surgery to remove a tumor. When I got this news I didn’t know how to react or what to do, knowing I would fall behind on my assignments and miss so much class time. During the weeks of my recovery and rehab, you were the one to help me and guide me through an extremely difficult but ultimately successful freshman year. I never could have done it without you and your guidance.   

From the moment I entered Carroll and I walked into Mrs. Cahill’s  315 (the room you used for that year), I knew that you were always going to be there for me when I needed help the most and your dedication to see all of us succeed could be felt. Our daily Wordle will always be a favorite memory of mine. You have a way of bringing out the best in students when they are willing to put in the effort and you definitely did that for me. The remaining eight days I have left at Carroll are making me realize just how much I’m going to miss being here and you are a huge part of that. You deserve the position you are in right now, helping every student you can. I’m going to miss Carroll but I’ll mainly miss the joy and the laughter you bring to the school and the students. You have helped me in more ways than you may realize and I hope you always know how much you have impacted my future. From the bottom of my heart thank you so much for these past four years.

Sincerely,

Michael Zazula