Lashante Fountaine: Senior memory

Lashante Fountaine

All the way from kindergarten up to eighth grade, I had been going to a charter school, so Catholic school was super new to me. I had grown up with my grade school friends and I was leaving to go to a high school 30 minutes from home. I was nervous to say the least. I had no idea what to expect. 

Freshman year was probably the most fun year for me. I met my closest friends, I was a cheerleader for like 2 weeks, and I joined dance club. I got to know the school and went to a lot of games. 

Sophomore year was a little bit rougher. A lot happened for me this year but I can say that I got through it and still made a bunch of memories. For Theology sophomore year, I had Ms. K. She had a very unique way of teaching but her class was a lot of fun. I auditioned for my first ACTS show and met a bunch of new people, I was excited to be a part of something so special. I was still going to games, still getting closer with friends, and still learning.

Junior year came fast. It came, it saw, and it conquered. Classes got harder and the workload got heavier. It was stressful. This is the year colleges look at so everyone advises you to work super hard. This year was the first, and last time I got to go to prom. We got our class rings. We were getting prepped up for senior year. 

Senior year was finally here. Spirit week, Homecoming and Kairos. Senior year started off great; everything was so exciting and special. Kairos made me feel a million times closer to my class and I felt so happy to be a part of something like that.

Although the circumstances we are in right now are not ideal, I am still happy to be graduating with a class that I can honestly call my family. I am so grateful to have spent my past four years at Carroll.