Ezra Palmore

Class of 2021 senior goodbye

Ezra+Palmore

My time at Carroll has gone by way too fast. I vividly remember things I’ve experienced freshman year, and it’s hard to believe that high school is almost over.

One of the main things I remember is the feeling of uneasiness I had throughout my freshman year. I had a hard time transitioning into high school, partly due the feelings of isolation and loneliness I experienced. Although it was rough at first, I’m proud of how I’ve changed as a person over the years. Carroll has made me into a more independent and driven person, and I think that my experience here has prepared me for college.

One of my greatest accomplishments at Carroll would have to be getting a 5 on my AP Human Geography exam. Human Geography was easily one of the most enjoyable classes I’ve ever taken, just because of how interesting it was. I never thought that I’d be so excited to learn about things like population, culture, and agriculture. Additionally, some other classes I really enjoy that I currently take are broadcast journalism and intro to computer programming. Both of these classes were key in my college decision and really influenced what I wanted to do after high school. I created several games and short videos in these classes, which really instilled a passion in me to pursue these fields in the future.

My favorite memory at Carroll would have to be Kairos. Going into it, I didn’t know what to expect, but looking in retrospect, I think I gained a lot from this experience. I learned more about myself, and most importantly, I found out how people truly feel about me. I realized that I was cared for and that although it may not feel like it sometimes, everyone in my life wants the best for me.

Finally, I’d like to thank all the teachers who’ve ever taught me. I know that in class, I’m usually dead silent, but I really do appreciate everything you all do. I can 100% say that you all have made me into a better student, but more importantly a better person, so from the bottom of my heart I’m grateful for every single one of you.