Frosh football loses to rival O’Hara

Mason Waller

The freshmen line up for a play.

Mason Waller, Staff writer

Archbishop Carroll’s freshman football had a rough game on Saturday as they had another loss this season, this time to Cardinal O’Hara. The final score was 32-6.

This loss came just one week after having a very strong game against Penn Wood,  winning 44-0.

O’Hara’s offense got off to a fiery start, holding a 67-yard touchdown drive. The O’Hara offense wouldn’t stop there as they would score three more touchdowns.

“It was a tough game,” Marcel Sanders, freshman quarterback, said. “We did a lot of good things on the offensive side of the ball but we also did a lot of stupid things, whether it was turnovers or penalties.”

The Carroll offense struggled as the offense only had 93 rushing yards and a mere 31 passing yards. The Patriots’ rushing attack and air attack were both led by Sanders and Xavier Johnson.

“We were undisciplined on defense and did not stick to our own assignments,” Johnson, the wide receiver, said. “We will get back to practice next week and come out better prepared for our next game.”

The offensive struggles for the Patriots did not last the whole game as Sanders would finish the game strong with a 43-yard touchdown run.

“We shot ourselves in the foot,” Coach Tom Murphy said. “We will make sure to fix our mistakes and come out better than ever next week.”