Auditions Jan. 19 and Jan. 22 for Footloose

Ella Pergine, Staff writer

The budding actors and actresses among Archbishop Carroll’s students can audition now for Archbishop Carroll Theatre Society’s spring show, “Footloose.”

Speaking roles and featured dancer auditions will be on Jan. 19 at 5 PM. (Students previously had a chance to audition for speaking roles and featured dancer roles on Jan. 16.) There are 24 roles offered for this show. The organization will host auditions for ensemble and minor roles on Jan. 22 from 12-4 PM. ACTS will present “Footloose” April 21-30.

Those interested in auditioning must sign up by clicking on the URL and filling out the Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSesK1FDaBNoXLZL_d6iOy74cF6w0fvHSs3KjqPtFT3he7h9mA/viewform

To prepare for auditions, students should listen to the “Footloose” soundtrack, read through the script and watch the movie. Auditions are in a closed room with the director, the choreographer and the vocal director.

“I think that underclassmen should not at all be nervous to join the show, because it is something that they’ll never regret,” said Archbishop Carroll class president Christopher Holmes, a senior who is an ACTS member. “Whenever I talk to freshmen or sophomores about auditioning for the show, they are all so anxious to sing or dance in front of other people, and to accommodate for that, we switched the structure of our auditions! For auditions now, you can choose to sing OR dance, and you can even join the show after it has been cast.”

ACTS offers opportunities not only to perform but also to make friends.

“Having to leave ACTS after this year feels very bittersweet,” said senior Blaise Watson. “It has given me so many new friends.”

There are many new students who are both joining and returning to ACTS.

Lindsay Milam, a senior, will be performing in her first spring show this year. She was the Lion in The Wizard of Oz in the fall.

“I’m really excited for this show and excited to be working with new and returning students,” said Milam. “It’s been so easy to adapt, everyone is welcoming, loving and supportive.”