Work begins on fall musical: James and the Giant Peach

James+and+the+insects+rehearse%2C+learning+their+lines+and+stage+directions.+
Kadie Kutlus
James and the insects rehearse, learning their lines and stage directions.

Archbishop Carroll Theatre Society (ACTS) has revealed the cast list for their fall performance “James and the Giant Peach” and rehearsals are underway. The cast and crew are preparing for the show weekend in November.

The play follows orphan James as he befriends a group of insects after growing a giant peach. 

The play has 10 main characters. 

James will be played by Immacolata Capone, Ladalord will be played by Jake Aversa, Aunt Spiker will be played by Sophia Burghezi, Aunt Sponge will be played by Ellie Clarke, Grasshopper will be played by Andrew Doorly, Ladybug will be played by Sofia Cunicelli, Earthworm will be played by Annalisa Laphen, Spider will be played by Isis Holt, Centipede will be played by Rachel Durham, and the Matron Nurse will be played by Sofia Biddle. 

“I play James and I think that rehearsals are going very good so far,” said Capone, a junior.

Many new members joined ACTS this year. This allows the show to have a bigger ensemble and more help backstage. This year, ACTS is adding new behind-the-scenes positions.

“I’m the vice president of marketing, so I handle social media,” said Cunicelli, a senior. “This year we are focusing on building a social media production staff. More people are going to be able to get involved this year.” 

Stage crew is also working hard to build the set and prepare backstage. The crew will build and paint the set by hand. 

“I’m in stage crew and right now we are working on building the set and starting to get it ready for the show,” said Sofia Palumbi, a junior. “We are working with a lot of wood right now. I’m very excited to see how it turns out.” 

The musical will be presented on Nov. 16, 17, 18 and 19. Performances will start at 7 p.m on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m on Sunday.