The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

Show business keeps ACTS busy

ACTS finishes fall production, strikes the set, continues wreath sales, and prepares for spring show
Sofia+Cunicelli%2C+Andrew+Doorly%2C+Immacolata+Capone%2C+Annalisa+Laphin%2C+and+Rachel+Durham+perform+in+%E2%80%9CJames+and+the+Giant+Peach.%E2%80%9D+
LifeTouch
Sofia Cunicelli, Andrew Doorly, Immacolata Capone, Annalisa Laphin, and Rachel Durham perform in “James and the Giant Peach.”

“James and the Giant Peach” may have closed but the Archbishop Carroll Theater Society remains busy, cleaning up after the fall production and preparing for its spring show. 

ACTS presented “James and the Giant Peach” from Nov. 16 through Nov. 19.  

“It was a good show overall,” said senior Angelina Alberici. “I saw everyone’s work throughout the weekend and I think we all put a lot of hard work and dedication into this show.” 

The end of the show did not mean the end of the work. As they do following the closing of every show, ACTS members participated in a strike. Strike is where all of the students clean up the set and prepare for the next show. 

“Strike is my favorite part of the show process,”  junior Sofia Palumbi said. “It is a very casual event after a stressful weekend. Everyone is working together one more time before the show is finally done.” 

An effort that began before the opening of “James and the Giant Peach” also continues following its conclusion — the organization’s annual Christmas wreath fundraiser. Wreaths still are available for $35 and can be purchased at https://acts.booktix.net/index.php. The wreaths can be picked up at Archbishop Carroll or in Newtown Square.  

In January, auditions will happen for “The Little Mermaid,” which is ACTS’ spring show.  The production which will be open for two weekends. The first weekend is April 26, 27 and 28, and the second weekend is May 3, 4 and 5.  

“I am very excited for The Little Mermaid,” said senior Sofia Cunicelli. “I have wanted to do this show for many years and I am very happy that this is going to be my final show here at Carroll.”