Archbishop Carroll bowling team falls to defending Philadelphia Catholic League champions

Carroll’s bowling team includes seniors Marco Petroccia, James Klusarits, Stephen Thomson, Pat McGonigle and Jesse Ventre.

The Pats bowling team came up short against Archbishop Ryan at Wynnewood Lanes on Dec.5. 

The team was looking for a bounce-back win against last year’s Philadelphia Catholic League winners after losing to Plymouth Whitemarsh the previous week, but just couldn’t execute enough to make it happen. 

“We just didn’t put in enough effort,” senior Stephen Thomson said. “We need to get things going in these next couple weeks if we want a shot at the plaque.”

The Pats lost all three games to Ryan, with each game Ryan gradually pulling away. After the first game, the Pats were only down by 42 pins and had some catching up to do. However, after the second game, they were down by over 100 pins and it started to sink in that the comeback was out of reach. 

“I really thought we were gonna come back,” Senior James Klusarits said. “We had too little too late.”

Although the Pats faced defeat, senior Jesse Ventre expressed captain-like words about the team.

“Although we lost today, that does not define us as a team,” Ventre said. “We just have to focus on every game and play the best we can.”

The Pats look to take home the W on Dec. 7 against Monsignor Bonner – Archbishop Prendergast Catholic High School.