Auditions for Carroll’s spring musical happen this week

The Archbishop Carroll Theater Society will present “The Little Mermaid” in mid-April

Archbishop Carroll Theater Society is beginning auditions for the spring musical “The Little Mermaid.” 

Auditions will be 4 to 6 p.m. Jan. 9 and Jan. 14 in the auditorium. Students only need to attend one of the two dates. 

A general meeting will be held on Jan. 8 after school in the auditorium for interested students. More information about auditions, stage crew and preparation for the show will be provided. 

“I plan to go to the interest meeting and join the costume crew,” said senior Gabriella Amplo. “I really wanted to be a part of ACTS my senior year. A lot of my friends are a part of it.” 

The audition process contains a singing and dance portion. Dance appropriate attire and a 45-60 second section of a song to sing are required. 

“I have been anticipating this since the shows were announced,” said senior Sofia Cunicelli. “I am excited, but very nervous.” 

The form to sign up for auditions is https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd5qe10zrXNK9lowf6plgLQp0n7KFazx-zIO-cAs1hfSg3zlg/viewform. Walk-ins are also welcome.  

Callbacks will be 12 noon to 6 p.m. Jan. 15 for selected students. An email will be sent out after auditions with more information. 

“Once auditions are done and the cast list is released, parts of the show will begin to form and I’m super excited,” said junior Sofia Palumbi. “This is such a cool show, but I’m sad it’s the last one with the current seniors.” 

Performances will be April 19, 20 and 21 and April 25, 26 and 27.