“The Little Mermaid” cast is chosen

Rehearsals for the spring musical begin
Playbill
“The Little Mermaid” Playbill was for the musical’s Broadway run in the early 2000s.

Archbishop Carroll Theater Society released its cast list for the spring show “The Little Mermaid” and rehearsals are picking up next week. 

The musical follows the mermaid Ariel and her sea creature friends and enemies as she learns to live on land. 

The show has 13 major roles and a group of mersisters. 

Ariel will be played by Rachel Durham, Prince Eric will be played by Kadin Kingston, Ursula will be played by Sofia Biddle, King Triton will be played by Jake Aversa, Sebastian will be played by Too Jemahwuo, Flounder will be played by John Doherty, Grimsby will be played by Ellie Clarke, Chef Louis will be played by Sophia Burghezi, Scuttle will be played by Annalisa Laphen, Flotsam will by played by Isis Holt, Jetsam will be played by Kadé Cheatham, Windward will be played by Kirstin Blake McGarvey and Leeward will be played by Makayla Dinich. 

The mersisters will be played by Immacolata Capone, Angela Daniels, Katherine Buentello, Christina Cortese, Olivia Hermanovich and Emilia Menna. 

ACTS is still accepting new ensemble members through the month of January. Interested students can contact [email protected]

“I’m very excited to start rehearsals,” said senior Isis Holt. “I’m pleased with the role I was given and I think that the show is going to turn out great.” 

Senior Kirstin Blake McGarvey was surprised with the role that she was cast in. 

“I wasn’t expecting it, but I’m happy nonetheless,” said Blake McGarvey.

Stage crew and costume crew will also be starting with preparation for the show next week. Costume crew will begin going over the designs for the show and organizing the work room. Stage crew will begin to organize the stage and set design.  

Senior Brianna Petruccelli is a new member of the costume crew and is excited to be a part of ACTS before she graduates. 

“I am excited to work on the costume design for this show,” said Petruccelli. “I saw how wonderfully the cast and crew worked together during the fall show and knew I wanted to be a part of it for this one, especially as it is the last show of my high school career.” 

The musical will be open for two weekends. The first weekend will be April 19, 20 and 21. The second weekend will be April 25, 26 and 27. Performances start at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday for both weekends.