The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

ACTS invites grade schools to see “The Little Mermaid”

The Archbishop Carroll Theater Society is calling for local grade schools to watch its production of  “The Little Mermaid.” 

The matinee will take place on April 24. The doors will open at 9:30 a.m. and the show will be from 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.  All grade schools are invited to attend the show. There is no cost to attend the performance, but donations are welcome. The grade school matinee will include a shorter version of the play because of the shorter time allotted for it. The performance will include the entirety of Act 1.  

Even though the play will be abridged, ACTS members say the audience will be entertained.

“It is our biggest show of the year,” said senior Sofia Cunicelli. “The auditorium is packed and kids love it!”

ACTS students are taken out of class for the day to prepare, perform, and clean up. The kid’s choir is not required to attend this performance. 

“It’s a really fun time,” said junior Sofia Palumbi. “It’s one of my favorite performances. Especially as it is in the middle of the week, which is different from the usual shows.” 

The matinee is scheduled between the two performance weekends for the full version of the play. The first weekend will be April 19, 20 and 21. The second weekend will be April 25, 26 and 27. Performances on Friday and Saturday start at 7 p.m and on Sunday at 2 p.m. 

Grade school students who attend the matinee are encouraged to attend a weekend show to see Act 2. 

“It’s like a sneak peak,” said senior Kirstin Blake McGarvey. “We want the kids to get excited for the show and possibly come back to see more. It is looking to be a very wonderful performance everyone will all enjoy.”

The form to sign up to attend the grade school matinee is available by clicking the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfozcNXr2emsF63_dDssgMuSN055cXIhvc1279x7puLpj-xaA/viewform