Archbishop Carroll’s baseball team goes to Disney World to play at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

The Archbishop Carroll baseball team will be heading south to play in the Sunshine State from Wednesday, March 13, to Sunday, March 17.

The boys on the team and their families raised almost $20,000 dollars for the trip, which includes air travel and accommodations at Disney’s Pop Century resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The team will play three games at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando. 

“I could not be more excited for this trip,” senior Stephen Thomson said. “I stayed at Pop when I was a little kid and I still remember it till this day.”

The parents and coaches have organized some fun things the team can do while they are in central Florida, such as visiting Disney Springs, playing mini golf, walking Disney’s Boardwalk, and going bowling. 

“We all want to have fun and have a good time, but most importantly we want to win,” senior Gavin Wray said. “Winning is a lot more fun than losing.”

The week in Florida is a great way to hit the ground running for the season, according to junior Mark Fohner. 

“This trip is going to put us in great shape for the season,” Fohner said. “If we go out there and play loose, we’re gonna end up being a solid baseball team this season.”

Before the trip down to Florida, the boys have a scrimmage at home against Upper Darby High School on Monday, March 10.