The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

Props, raffle baskets, concession stand treats needed for “The Little Mermaid”

Educator Clips

Archbishop Carroll Theater Society is looking for props to feature in the spring show, “The Little Mermaid.” 

ACTS is looking for two oars, a large white bath towel, a hairbrush, serving trays, silver chalice, portable spyglass/telescope and a cooking mallet.  Some of the props needed are on the ACTS Amazon wish list. 

The Amazon wish list is https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/4M31IKKG9YQY/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_2.  

Donations are needed soon because the play opens April 19.

“It really is a blessing when someone donates props,” said senior Kirstin Blake McGarvey. “They are a huge part of the show.” 

Senior Sofia Cunicelli agreed. 

“I could not have done any of my roles without the props,” said Cunicelli. “It would look ridiculous if I was holding nothing!” 

ACTS is also looking for concession candy and snacks. Donations can be purchased on the wish list. 

All donations can be sent to Archbishop Carroll High School through mail or drop off.  

Donations can be for the concession or used in the raffle baskets. Raffles basket ideas include Phillies, beach day and date night. 

“We greatly appreciate any help we can get,” said junior Rameer Woods. “Those things are a big part of the shows and they make the overall show experience better.”