“The Little Mermaid” moves into its second weekend after a successful first weekend

“Fill the Hill” is Friday night: Students who stay after school so they can see the 7 p.m. show get free pizza in the library.
Sophomore Luciana Perez, junior An Vu and junior Immacolata Capone serve up an excellent performance during “The Little Mermaid.”

The nerves wash away from the under-the-sea cast and crew as the successful first weekend of “The Little Mermaid” concludes and the second and final weekend opens.

“The Little Mermaid” had its first three shows on April 19, 20 and 21.

The grade school matinee broke up the space between the two weekends. The matinee was performed for grade schools during the school day on April 24.

The shows went smoothly with only a few mishaps. The special effects used in the shows caused the smoke alarm to go off at the beginning of the performances.

“The smoke machine made the fire alarm go off not once, but twice!” said senior Isis Holt, who plays Flotsam. “Everyone backstage was confused but the crew thought on their feet, and issues like that were solved with no problems.”

Some of the students think they put on their best performance last weekend.

Junior An Vu, a pit and cast member, believed the first three shows went well for him.

“It’s always pretty stressful, but a lot of fun,” said Vu. “My favorite part is rushing on stage for Les Poissons.”

Junior Rameer Woods, the soundboard operator, said it also looked good from up above.

“I sit at the top of the booth in the back of the house and it looks great every night,” said Woods. “Our communication was great and the lighting and sound made the stage look alive.”

There are three more opportunities to see “The Little Mermaid” this weekend. The last three shows are on April 25, 26 and 27 at 7 p.m. The tickets can be bought at https://acts.booktix.net/.

Before the performance on April 26, ACTS will host its first-ever “Fill the Hill” event. Pizza and refreshments will be provided in the library to students who cannot go home before the 7 p.m. performance and want to watch it.

ACTS Senior Night will also take place before the Saturday performance at 2 p.m.

“Four down and only three more left!” said junior Immacolata Capone, who plays a mersister.