The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

Mr. Valenti brings more life to Archbishop Carroll

The veteran theology teacher stepped up his extracurricular game and earns the faculty homecoming king crown
The just-crowned faculty homecoming king, Mr. Louis Valenti, hangs out at the homecoming pep rally with senior Maryrita Swope.

Senior theology teacher Mr. Louis Valenti said that his contribution to the Archbishop Carroll community was lacking during his first 13 years here. 

Mr. Valenti is making up for lost time. In fact, his increased involvement likely led to his crowning last week as the faculty homecoming king, a post for which he was nominated by the faculty and elected by the students.

In the last two years, Mr. Valenti has assumed leadership of several clubs, including the Italian-American Club, TV Club, and the Game Club, which will have its own chess team. He’s rearranged his schedule to ensure he can attend at least one varsity game for every sport throughout the year.

In addition, Mr. Valenti is planning trips for all Archbishop Carroll students. The first one happened already — a Sept. 27 bus trip to Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia to watch the Phillies crush the Marlins. For the rest of the year, Mr. Valenti is working with Assistant Principal for Student Life Mr. Christopher Fryberger to organize trips to destinations such as Longwood Gardens, Philadelphia 76ers basketball games, and Philadelphia Union soccer games, as well as to activities like paintball and laser tag. Mr. Valenti and Mr. Fryberger plan to have at least one trip a month for all Carroll students. 

“Mr. Valenti asked me to partner up with him to come up with multiple trips to create more school spirit and student engagement, to make Carroll a place that the students want to be,” said Mr. Fryberger.

On top of his extracurricular work, Mr. Valenti continues to teach seniors about God and the Roman Catholic Church.

“I enjoy Mr. Valenti’s class, and I am eagerly anticipating the exciting activities planned for this year,” said senior Ellie Clark, “I appreciate his hard work and dedication to ensuring his students have the best experience.” 

Mr. Valenti said his goal is to inspire all his students to believe in their ability to change the world. 

“I genuinely believe my students can and will change the world because I myself was changed by a student,” Mr. Valenti said.